Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Toadies


The 90's are back... from the dead!

When a swampy, flannel-clad, alternative band from 1994 reforms and then goes on tour, what the hell else are you gonna draw? The direct metaphor at play here was too fun to pass up. After so many projects glorifying the 40's, 50's 60's 70's and 80's, it was nice to wring nostalgia out of a decade that I actually grew up in. If I had had more time between homework assignments I would have liked to add even more 90's references--Dinosaurs, Steve Urkel, the Super Nintendo, snap bracelets, Clerks, Woodstock 94... but maybe it's best not too clutter things up too much.

3 comments:

alex fine illustration said...

You've definitely become one of my favorite poster artists. They just keep getting better and better. Technically and conceptually. I'm officially jealous.

~V said...

watermark! :P

Jordan said...

Haha awesome!