Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pink Spiders



I'll be the first one to admit I don't know much about the Pink Spiders. It was a choice between these guys and Puddle of Mudd, and I knew the Pink Spiders at least had an interesting design aesthetic. I looked up a few of their music videos on YouTube, and all of their songs seemed to be completely centered around girls. And more than a little bit dorky, despite some serious rock star posturing. So this image is pretty much what I imagine their music videos should look like--a really nerdy version of those old 80's hair band videos where everyone does a double-take at some peroxide blond bombshell walking down the street in cut-off jean shorts. Not a band portrait per se, but pretty close.

I know I said I'd post some shots of my figure drawing stuff, but I've got quite a bit of painting to do for Professional Practice class. I'll get to that soon, however. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Good luck!

TM paint said...

I love your ART!!!
Are you cartoonist?

I am JAPANESE painter!

Brian Elliott said...

you are a bad ass designer man, truly.

i've been cruising your poster art stuff, keep the good thing going on