Saturday, December 13, 2008

Figure Studies




Thanks a lot to everyone who braved the snow and the recession to come out to the Student Art Sale last weekend. I met a lot of great people and got to present some of my work to the general public, which I don't always get a chance to do during the school year. All things considered, it was not an unprofitable venture, and I shall be attending the one in the spring as well.

These are my long promised figure drawing experiments. I tried to channel Audrey Kawasaki on the wood panel paintings. I used wood stain for the shadows, which I thought was a neat effect. The first one is just a quick study in thinly applied oils, but I particularly like how the reflective floor came out. Just some different stuff from my usual cartoon business.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Yipes! Very good, but deeply disturbing.
-J