Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Girl Talk


Ah, mash-ups, truly the Frankenstein's monster of the music world...

I had actually never heard of Girl Talk until I agreed to do the poster, but once I learned who he was, the concept (suggested to me by my brother) was so obvious I couldn't pass it up. And with school not for another week and half away, I had plenty of time to devote to this one. Bigger scenes like this are fun because of all the little details you can put into background characters and elements, stuff that really helps enhance the concept and keeps the viewer looking at the poster. It's something I always aspire to do, but short deadlines often have a habit of getting in the way.

I've got one more poster to do before school starts. It's gonna be sweet.

7 comments:

Jordan said...

Cool. Is that Elvis Costello and Jay-Z in the background?

Jeff Lance said...

Yup! I'm glad to see you got both of em.

Miles said...

Awesome poster. I planned on doing something like that but scrapped it because I couldn't get the whole mashup-Frankenstein-concept to work. So I made a beeline for something more obvious. I'm glad you pulled off something at least more conceptually satisfying.

*thumbsup*

What's your other poster?

TM paint said...

It is a wonderful paint!!!!
I love American POP ART!!!

M. Sullivan said...

Great job Jeffy Jeff. I like how the girl is all cock-eyed and that you have Robin's record player in there.

Brian Elliott said...

Ahahahaahhahahahahahahha

A+

Brian Elliott said...

After going through some double takes on this piece dude,

this is hands down my favorite poster you've done.
The shit just dont quit