Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hooray Beer!


Months ago my good friend Jordan Sly asked me to design a label for a beer he had been brewing (check out his blog here!) I was very excited to do it, but unfortunately it fell on the back burner as school projects overtook my life. Christmas break has given me some time to catch up on this and all of the other projects I've been putting off, however, so I should be updating soon with some of my latest work.

I really dig the history theme Jordan has gone with for his brewery, and it was fun to make my contribution by turning Czar Nicholas I into a smiling beer shill. I'm not sure that's what he had in mind when he picked the name, but I thought the idea was pretty funny and irreverent. I also tried to keep things simple so it would reproduce nicely at a small size. I hope they turn out!

Despite my appropriation of their catchy slogan, this post in no way endorses Red Stripe beer. In fact, I think it tastes like skunky urine.

1 comment:

~V said...

I like this a lot, but the scripty font is too scripty, and the font for your name doesnt feel right either. Also thank god, you're finally putting up smaller images. Will there be more?