Thursday, June 11, 2009

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Some of you (i.e. friends and family) may have already heard, but I was recently sent a cease and desist letter from Warner Bros., claiming my Yeah Yeah Yeahs poster violated their exclusive rights to the characters from Where the Wild Things Are. It's a shame, but copyrights are serious business, and I can certainly respect that. While it's a bit disappointing to have to remove a piece of art that I put a lot of thought and effort into, it is also flattering to know that my work has a far enough reach to alert concerned parties at one of the biggest entertainment companies in the world.

So, to Maurice Sendak, or any Warner execs who may be reading this: I have taken the poster down, I hope there are no hard feelings, and thank you for checking out my blog.

To everyone who picked up a free copy of my poster at the Hell City Tattoo Festival, congratulations, you are now the proud owners of a very limited edition print.

1 comment:

Nick said...

damn, would have loved to see that