Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ohio Roller Girls



Woo! My first ever t-shirt design! I had wanted to design something for the Ohio Roller Girls for a while now, but I never had the time to pursue anything with so much schoolwork hanging over my head. I finally got up the nerve however, and I sent them my portfolio. They told me they were looking to add a new shirt design to sell at games, so I quickly jumped at the chance.

Turns out drawing dynamic roller skaters is tougher than it looks. Here are just a few of the many false starts and sketches I came up with.

P.S. There's a new poster on the way, and I'll post pictures of the shirt when I get the chance.

3 comments:

alex fine illustration said...

The angles are very dynamic and the green outline of the letters look great with the rest of the green in the illustration.

Jordan said...

Cool, looks awesome.

Mr. Popular said...

Most excellent work.