Thursday, September 24, 2009

Monster Mash


Here's a poster for the Charm City Roller Girls. That's Baltimore, Maryland, for those of who unfamiliar with the nickname. Monster Prom was the subject given to me on this one, but coincidentally, I had already begun sketching out ideas for a "Universal Monsters" theme when I received this info. That's what I really like about working with Roller Derby Leagues--our shared appreciation for retro camp!

This was a definitely a fun assignment, but man, I've never had so much type to fit into a poster before. I kinda like the crowded type, though. It adds to the whole pulp flavor of the piece.

3 comments:

peaces.of.stone. said...

nice. you're stuff is getting more and more sophisticated.

Gibbous Moon said...

high fives for crowded type! I like what you did for the survivors of camp crystal lake. That was nice.
*thumbs up*

Maureen said...

I found a bunch of different prints of this poster all over the place in Baltimore. The CCRG really did it out, they ran a crap load of advertising off for this event. I managed to save some copies.