Friday, October 9, 2009

Dinosaur Jr.



Longtime readers (i.e. my parents) have no doubt noticed my poster concepts usually take some element of a band's history, style, or trivia, and play on it in (hopefully) clever ways. Well this one is a bit of a departure from that strategy in that I wanted to pursue some more abstract, less-literal subject matter. All of the big names do it, so I thought I'd give it a shot too.

I have always had a fondness for monsters, folk myths, and cryptozoology, but thus far, I've only expressed that in art a couple times. In the brainstorming process I began playing with Silly Symphonies-style, impromptu-woodland-jamboree imagery, and this was the resulting experiment. More of a detour than a new direction, probably, but fun nonetheless.

6 comments:

John Olson said...

i love this

Sarah Allgire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Allgire said...

this is great jeff! i love it.. it makes me think mcbess (www.mcbess.com) meets steamboat willie, but with a jeff twist. very fun!

Tom Beuerlein said...

Wow Jeff that rules! I love Dinosaur Jr. (well I only really like one album, but I did see them live (it ruled)) Any way great work. We still need to hang out sometime.

alex fine illustration said...

This is definitely different from your usual posters but it's very successful. I totally see what you were going for in this.

Gibbous Moon said...

*high five*