Sunday, February 6, 2011

Clash Tribute



So last week Baltimore was hit by a totally badass thundersnow. The accumulation wasn't much by most standards, but it was absolutely crippling by the usual Maryland standard. I spent my two days off working on this poster, while watching Tears of a Black Tiger and Django on Netflix. The inspiration is pretty straightforward in this case.

There's something about the combination of punk music and the outlaw imagery of spaghetti westerns that I really love. I don't think I've got it entirely out of my system yet, so let's see where this goes. I really tried to loosen up my inking style with this one. I want to be able to capture movement and energy, while maintaining strong, iconic lines. Hopefully this is a good step in the right direction.

If you're in Baltimore, and you are a fan of rocking out, I suggest you make it out to the show as well. Maybe I'll see you there!

4 comments:

J Scott said...

I really like this one!

Jeff Lance said...

Thanks man!

Ms. Code said...

Very talented! Thanks for letting me enjoy a glimpse of your world through your eyes & pencil! See you around!

sassy!!!!!!! said...

I really like your articles.....i have tried blogging and nothing is working for me....bt anyways i like urs.